Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Section 7: Grains: Items 785 - 829

Please note that I have linked as many of the 1001 to links on the web, such as wikipedia (those that have links are underlined). I have also indicated in italics and bold, the ones that I have tried. I anticipate over the course of the year, writing about each ingredient, but for the purpose of these lists, I felt that a general list was probably the best.

Section 7: Grains
  1. Sunflower Seeds
  2. Pumpkin Seeds
  3. Wattleseeds
  4. Lotus Seed
  5. Pine Nut
  6. Macadamia Nut
  7. Ginkgo Nut
  8. Baobab Seed
  9. Cashew Nut
  10. Marcona Almond
  11. Iranian Pistachio
  12. Wild Green Hazelnut
  13. Grenoble Walnut
  14. Chestnut
  15. Pecan
  16. Brazil Nut
  17. King Coconut
  18. Coco-de-Mer
  19. Puy Lentil
  20. Urd
  21. Azuki Bean
  22. Tolosa Bean
  23. Garbanzos Pedrosillano
  24. Fasolia Gigandes
  25. Tiger Nut
  26. Basmati Rice
  27. Jasmine Rice
  28. Carnaroli Rice
  29. Calasparra Bomba Rice
  30. Purple Rice
  31. Wild Rice
  32. Buckwheat Groat
  33. Pearl Barley
  34. Freekeh
  35. Polenta
  36. Couscous
  37. Fregola Pasta
  38. Tajarin
  39. Durum Wheat Spaghetti
  40. Tortelli di Zucca
  41. Kisoba Noodle
  42. Sanuki Udon Noodle
  43. Fen Si Noodle
  44. Laksa Noodle

Grains: 32/44
YEAH!!! Finally over 50% of items tested in a section. Shocking but true in the section of grains. Grains which is a misleading title for this section as many of the items are more what I would classify as carbs - pasta, nuts, lentils.

The one thing that I am dieing to get my hands on is the Coco-de-Mer. The Taste description lists it as:

"The milky jelly inside can be scooped out and eaten as a soft pudding, similar to Turkish Delight. The flesh has a hint of mint and some consider it a powerful aphrodisiac."

So intriguing. I just don't know where to find it. I fear that it might be banned in North America.

I'll have to start looking for it.  Happy Tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment